The Bioinformatics and Biostatistics Unit
The Bioinformatics and Biostatistics Unit (UBB) of the Principe Felipe Research Center (CIPF) is a scientific and technical unit devoted to establish scientific collaborations and give service in Bioinformatics and Biostatistics.
These are some of the activities that we develop:
- Give support in experimental design, data analysis and functional interpretation, using computational and statistical methods.
- Statistical and bioinformatic advice for the planning of research projects, improving their scientific quality and increasing their competitiveness in funding calls.
- Development of new methodologies of computational analysis in biomedical research.
- Teaching in data analysis methods and bioinformatics tools.
- Alliance establishment with other knowledge fields within and outside the CIPF, in which the computational analysis is the basis for the biomedical research.
- Create synergies with the strategic and operational objectives established by the Conselleria de Sanitat Universal i Salut Pública.
- Administration and coordination of the uses of the computer cluster located in the CIPF.