Pre-doctoral researcher at CIPF
The candidate will perform their work within the project “Identification and modelling of molecular and cellular events of the immune response associated to the appearance of minimal hepatic encephalopathy in cirrhotic patients“, a research project between different laboratories and areas (Genomics of Gene Expression Laboratory and Neurobiology laboratory).
The candidate will join the group of Genomics of Gene Expression, which works in computational biology and bioinformatics. The goal of the research will be the integrative statistical analysis of the multiomic data set generated in the project: gene and miRNA expression, proteomics, metabolomics, as well as other data types such as immunophenotype, inflammation and assessment of cognitive impairment. The aim of the analysis is both the modelling of the communication system between different types of immune system cells and the identification of minimal hepatic encephalopathy biomarkers.
The tasks to perform are:
- Research activities related to the project.
- Writing and publishing the research results.
- Presenting the research results in scientific conferences.
This research work may conclude with the defense of a PhD thesis.
What we require
- Qualifications required: Candidates must have at least a Spanish degree in statistics, mathematics, computing science, bioinformatics, biotechnology, engineering, or similar qualifications including statistical training.
- A minimum degree mark of 7’5 points (Spanish system).
- Not more than 5 years must have passed since the completion of degree studies.
- Candidates must have never had a training contract.
- PhDs are not eligible.
- High level of spoken and written English.
- Experience in programming languages (R, Python, Perl,…) and Linux systems.
- Knowledge of the molecular aspects of genome organization.
- Good communicator, assertive and ability to work in a multidisciplinary team. Flexibility and planning.
What we offer
- Professional category: Researcher Staff
- Salary Level: (Salary level as stipulated in the Convenio de Sanidad Privada de la Provincia de Valencia)
- Contract: Training Contract
- Duration: 1 year (with possibility of renewal up to a maximum of 4 years, according to scientific evaluation of the results obtained and the activity carried out in the project)
- Starting date: May
- Working day: Full time
- The deadline for receipt of resumes will be open until 26th of April, 2017.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their CV, cover letter, references and supporting documentation of merits only by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to comply with Law 15 /1999 of December 13, for The Protection of Personal Data, we inform you that the personal data contained in your resume will be included in a personal data file owned by the Foundation Prince Felipe Research Centre, CIPF, to enable you to participate in our recruitment process, and if appropriate, it may be used for processing appropriate aid, grants and funding to enable this recruitment.
By submitting your resume, you agree to your personal data to be treated in the commented terms, allowing CIPF to share this data with other public and private institutions with the exclusive aim of applying for grants for the financial funding of this institution and its research projects linked to your data.
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by writing to CIPF, Calle Eduardo Primo Yúfera , 3, CP 46012 Valencia and attaching your ID.
Please indicate the offer reference number in the subject field. If you have any questions about this offer, please contact the Human Resources Department by email to: email@example.com
If you have any questions about this offer, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.